Monday 21 February 2011

Design Process - Script

Script
Scene within café forum between Charlotte and Ella
Ella: Right, so you don’t see any of your friends, we’ve not seen you for weeks on end (pause) your hiding something from us
Charlotte: I’m not hiding anything, besides I’m not the only one hiding things am I?
Non-diegetic (sound distorted and echoed)
Izzie: You don’t understand! I love him!
Maisie and Ella - Someone’s home
Maisie: Oh yeah, have you noticed anything weird about Charlotte lately?
Ella: You know what Maisie, she’s not the only one with problems!
Smithy and Charlotte – mid argument – someone house
Charlotte: Why do you do it?
Smithy: Because I can’t stop…
Non-diegetic (sound distorted and echoed)
Smithy: I need it, because I can’t stop…
Charlottes house – Charlotte and her Mother
Charlottes Mother: Charlotte, your teachers rang, get downstairs now!
Charlotte and Mr Bretnall inside one of the colleges classrooms
Mr Bretnall: Where have you been? I’m worried about you Charlotte! You’ve not been in for two weeks now.
Charlotte: I can’t tell you – you can’t help me anyway.
Mr Bretnall: I’m going to have to ring your parents – if this carries on Charlotte you’re going to fail!
Charlotte: Its nothing to do with you!
Non-diegetic voiceover from Charlotte, illusions to it being her suicide noteCharlotte: I’m sick of trying to please everyone when in the end no-one even cares, all I wanted was to be like a normal teenager but I’m stuck in-between these two worlds. I’m pregnant. And I know you’ll tell me to get rid like he did but I can’t, I can’t! I can’t kill my own child, what kind of person kills their own child? So I’ve come up with something else, I’m done with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment